The 22nd annual Pub to Pub charity fun run and walk will be held on Sunday August 24th, 2014.
A unique fun run course with a challenging 800m sand start from the DY SLSC travelling along the back streets with spectacular beach vistas and ending 13km later at Sydney’s most famous pub icon, The Newport Arms Hotel.
This year NewportNet has decided to get a team together and help support a local little boy named Roki. www.rokiroad.com
Roki suffered severe lack of oxygen at birth and as a result has some brain damage and was diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at 5 weeks of age. He continues to fight an uphill battle every day as painful muscle spasms riddle him most of the day.
Roki travelled to India earlier this year for stem cell therapy. His parents have seen significant improvements in his seizures, muscle spasms, pain and movement of his limbs. But, Roki has a long way to go and will need to return to this therapy three to four times before he turns two, this way he can have the best chance for a better future.
So, he needs all the help he can get.
The Manly Daily are offering a team prize for the team with the most members in the Pub2Pub run.
If Run4Roki is the biggest team then Roki can win $2000 to go towards his next treatment.
Please help us and put your shoes on for this little boy.
How to enter:
- Choose Green Group 3 – joggers/teams running together
- Register and nominate Brookvale Rotary Club as nominated charity (they are collecting funds on behalf of Roki)
- Select “Join Team” and join “Run4Roki’”team
- Enter “NewportNet runs for Roki” in the ‘Name your page’ section
- Consider buying a run for Roki t-shirt http://rokiroad.com/run4roki/
- Let me know if you’ve ordered a t-shirt
- Send me a message that you have joined the team
- Get up every morning and train for your run
- Turn up on the day wearing your t-shirt and find the “Run4Roki’”team
Roki says thanks and so do we!
Contact me with any questions.
Thanks for supporting NewportNet and Run4Roki.
mobile +61 418 501 141